Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Project Thankful - Day 16

Yet another late post... shame on me! :) This time I have no excuse. I just didn't get it published. :)

Today I am thankful for the rain. November in North Carolina has been exceptionally gorgeous! The leaves have begun to change and are showing off brilliant displays of ruby reds, fiery orange, and glowing yellow. I thought the Pacific Northwest had beautiful falls... but, I've come to realize that North Carolina does too. You just have to wait for November. :)

Our weather has changed too. Most days are sunny, cloudless, blue sky days. Our highs have been in the mid 60's to low 70's and lows are generally in the 40's. This is my kind of weather. I love it!

But today I am thankful for the rain. It's a nice change of pace. It makes me appreciate the beautimous sunny days all the more. The rain makes life a little more quiet and cozy. Things slow down & I have a great excuse to just sit and snuggle with the kiddos. Rainy days also mean soup for dinner & tonight I'm trying this. I'll let you know how it turns out!

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Grandma Ruth said...

I am thankful for the gift of time. Today neither of us have any commitments. I love being home. I started my day with devotions and next will take 1 hour to exercise. My priority after that is to get the house ready to be gone for a week. I do have a list and I will be thankful throughout the day for what gets marked off the list.

I got my sewing machine back from the shop yesterday so I can finish shortening the sleeves on Mack's coat. I need to make sure there are no bills that are due while we're gone. After that I wll put a hold on the mail and the newspaper.