Lydia stayed home sick from school today. I am sure she just has the little cough/cold that Micah had a few days ago and I expect her to be fine tomorrow. But for today, she's allowed to be lazy, to lounge on the couch, and watch all the PBS kids or Disney Clubhouse, that she wants. That said, today I am thankful that I did not have to scramble and write sub plans in order to stay home with Lyds!
Anyone who has been a teacher knows the pain of either staying up really late, or getting up early to write last minute sub plans. (Or even worse, having to go in super early to lay out stuff for the sub!) I think that when I was teaching I was always a little AR with the way my classroom was run, and not to mention a little paranoid about what kind sub my class would have... (ask me about a maternity leave subbing nightmare!) Therefore I always wrote meticulous sub plans. :) I figured super detailed plans would help the sub to know exactly what to do and what to expect and would make his/her job easier in the long run. I hope I was right! :)
So, last night when Lydia, all of a sudden, became lethargic and feverish I knew that she would be staying home from school today. I also remembered the days when she would come down with something and John and I would have to juggle schedules, I would sit down and hammer out sub plans, and then would cross my fingers that my classroom would still be in 1 piece when I returned. Today, because I'm officially a full-time "home maker" (such a lovely title isn't it?!?!) I didn't have to deal with all of those stresses. I just called in Lydia's excused absence and tucked her into a blanket on the couch. Now I'm off to make her some chicken noodle soup.
What are you thankful for today? Leave a comment! I'm interested in what others have to say!
2 comments:
I'm SO thankful for this as well! I don't know how you did it Bree! I'm truly amazed by your "Vancouver years" =) xoxo
I am thankful today for all our health care providers. I am especially thankful today for my 'wonderful' chiropractor who excels at knowing just where I need adjustments.
Post a Comment