Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 2 - Ft. Lewis or BUST! (Kentucky Horse Park)

Day 2 of our trek across the country just so happened to be Micah's 4th birthday.  When we were planning our itinerary of "drive a day, rest a day" we decided it would be best to drive the day before his birthday and then do something fun for his birthday instead of make him sit in a car ALL DAY LONG.  Aren't we lovely parents?!?!  HA!  :)

So for MJ's 4th birthday we decided to take him to the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY.  Micah LOVES LOVES LOVES animals and so I (Bree) used that fact as a (sort of selfish) excuse to go to the horse park.  Truthfully, my heart just spills over with joy when I see Micah light up when he's around horses.  Micah is our gentle sweet spirited guy and seems to have great affection for animals of all kinds.  Especially dogs and horses!  (For those of you who don't know, I've been a bit horse crazy since I was about 2 and my love for horses has only continued!)  I always say to John that every boy needs a dog...  but maybe our boy needs a horse?!?!  (And momma needs one too?!?!)  HA!  :)

Anyway, I think Micah had a BLAST!  He LOVED seeing all the different kids of horses, getting the opportunity to pet, talk to, and even ride!  Lydia and Noah enjoyed the horse park too, although Noah kept calling the horses cows.  





Micah with "Bluegrass"

Lydia and Micah with "Starbuck" the miniature horse

The kids got a kick out of the fact that this horse was named "Colin" (like Uncle Coco)

This horse was named "Ben" (like Uncle Demmy)


A beautiful Swedish Warmblood horse & rider

An Appaloosa (did you know they originated with the Nez Perce tribe of WA state?!?!)

John's favorite!  The Percheron

Micah getting to ride his pony "Twix"



Noah waiting his turn to ride

A very happy Noah getting to ride "King"

Happy 4th Birthday Micah John!

No comments: