Today I am thankful for something simple & something that can be easily taken for granted. Today I am thankful for quiet Sunday afternoons.
In a culture where many of us can find ourselves running from point A to point B everyday, or just going non-stop, it is rare to find a time when we actually can stop, take a deep breath, and just sit...
Today John took Lydia to "Disney Princesses on Ice" & I stayed home with the boys. Noah took a nap. Micah & I just sat & snuggled. We watched a little "Cat in the Hat"that was on the DVR but we also just sat. The house was quiet. There was nothing pressing that "had" to be done & so we just sat, & enjoyed a quiet Sunday afternoon...
Since I have a few introverted tendencies it was really nice to find some time when nobody was needing anything from me & when there was no noise going on in the background. Sometimes we don't know how tired our ears, eyes, and even bodies are until we just stop! Today I realized I had forgotten how restful stillness & silence can be. I'm grateful that today I was able to enjoy some stillness & silence.
So now I pose this questions to you, how do you spend your quiet moments? What do you do (or not do?) Where is your favorite place to go to experience stillness & silence?
1 comment:
I am thankful today for the gift of music - especially for the scriptures that have been put to music - that pop into my mind throughout the day. I love when I wake up with a song in my heart. I used to feel badly when I would be praying, I often had songs come into my mind. A friend said that I need to be thankful for the gift of music.
Post a Comment