Saturday, November 6, 2010

Project Thankful - Day 6

When I started this project I knew that there would be days when I would be thankful for things that may seem trivial or even silly. Today might be one of those days! Today I am grateful for...

I LOVE the grocery store Trader Joe's! We just returned from a trip to Trader Joe's & I have to say that that store is one of my "happy places." :) While living in Vancouver, WA we lived so close to a Trader Joe's that I took it for granted. I frequented the store several times a week. Now, living at Ft. Bragg it's over an hour drive to the nearest Trader Joe's. So, when the opportunity presents itself, I jump at a trip to go to Trader Joe's!


It's a great little grocery store - lots of unique & very tasty items. Let's just say that the HUGE commissaries on post don't quite have the same selection of "whole" food items, organic items, or grassfed products... Trader Joe's doesn't have a "middle man" and they import everything themselves. (Which makes things cheaper!) They also have their own brand & make so many yummy things! Some of our favorite Trader Joe's items are:


Roasted garlic salsa, chipotle salsa, cereal bars (for the kiddos), organic canned pumpkin, fresh-cut flowers, organic & grassfed meats & cheeses, organic & fair trade coffees, wines, beer, & chocolate!!! :) Today I even got raw milk cheddar cheese! YUM!

1 comment:

Grandma Ruth said...

Today I am thanksful for my vision and for the miracle ophthalmologists can do. I can now drive, watch TV and anything at a distance without glasses. I am wearing $10 magnifiers to read and do counted crossstitch but am some difficulty at lap level - will get a prescription for reading glasses 11/17.