Today I am thankful for something that may seem silly to the rest of you. :) Today I am thankful for sleep. :) You see, for the first time in his ENTIRE life, Noah slept from 10pm to 5:30am last night. Every night, since Noah was born, he has been getting up at least once a night. Usually he would wake up between 1am and 4am. Often, if he woke up around 1am, he'd wake up again at 4am. The crazy thing is, is that he would always eat a "full meal" so I knew that he wasn't just waking out of habit.
Here's the crazy thing though about all of Noah's wake-ups. And for those of you that aren't mommas out there, here is just an FYI... :) While you're still pregnant, towards the end of your pregnancy, you stop sleeping through the night. I'm not sure if this is your body's way of training you to live with sleep deprivation for when the baby comes, or if it's just God's sense of humor... I'm guessing both. But so anyway, I'm pretty sure my "sleep deprivation training started" about 3 months before Noah was born. Noah is almost 9 months old now, Lydia and Micah occasionally wake up in the middle of the night for whatever random reasons, and so all this means is that I've been pretty sleep deprived for close to over a year now.
So, last night Noah slept from 10pm until 5:30am. Then, after he ate, he went back to sleep and John got up with the boys when they got up at 6:30am. I stayed asleep until 8:45am. When I finally got up :) I felt like a NEW woman! :) It was so nice to NOT wake up tired. It was also so nice to not feel totally exhausted and ready for bed at 2pm in the afternoon. So here's to hoping that this is the start of a new pattern and routine for Noah... because I'd really be grateful for more than just 1 night of sleep through the night. But for today, I will take what I've been given, and I will be grateful for my 1 night of LOTS of sleep. :)
2 comments:
Hooray for sleep! I'm right there with you- I know I only have 1 babe and not 3, but reality is what it is in the moment, right? =) Brynn and Noah seem to be on the same schedule...let's hope they both start sleeping through the night consistently very soon!
Today I am thankful that our friend saw 4 of his 5 children for the first time in 17 months. It was a court supervised visit for 1 hour but he saw them.
Innocence is hard to prove in our court system.
Post a Comment