So, the O-FAV will make life easier - at least I've convinced myself so! Y'all, I NEVER EVER thought I would be driving a minivan, but... we rented one for the first week we were here b/c our cars had not yet arrived from Washington, and let's face it, we needed the space of a minivan. So, we reluctantly took the keys from the rental agency and soon thereafter I. FELL. IN. LOVE!!! :)
I was totally swept off my feet by the keyless remote entry - just one click of a button & the 2 passenger side doors would slide open, children would gleefully climb in, and NONE of those children could touch one another while riding in the minivan from point A to point B... Shoot, they could barely look at each other. Heaven I tell you, heaven! :) The oldest, and MOST talkative child would sit in the WAY back & from my seat, WAY in the front, it seemed like most of the time I was riding in a lovely "cone of silence" - OR even better a lovely "cone of whatever music I wanted to listen to" and I could hear it!!! There were MORE than enough cup holders for my coffee habit. :)
And so of course, because we had rented a 2010 Toyota Sienna, I was also totally swooning for the new 2011 Toyota Sienna - clever ad campaign, they make a not so cool car "look" cool in a totally dorky & hilarious way. That is my kind of cool. :) So, anyway... we've been internet shopping for a minivan & didn't really think we could afford a new one... And as it turns out, we can't afford a new 2011 Sienna. But that's OK because when we went shopping in person, at the end of the month, and at the end of a "model" year we were able to come away with a 2010 Honda Odyssey. So this evening I officially joined the ranks of minivan drivin', latte drinkin', kid & dog haulin', hot n' sexy mommas! Not to mention that the McDougalls now totally & officially "fit in" on Bragg. You see, everyone either drives a minivan or some sort of ridonkulously (yes, that's right, RIDONKULOUSY) HUGE Ford or Chevy truck. Now I just need to go out and buy a bunch of "I love my soldier", "RANGER", and "Paratrooper" stickers & we'll be totally set.
2 comments:
Marc says "Go home team"! How funny...we have the same one...white exterior & camel interior! :) i don't know if you got the rubber floor mats but they are totally worth it!! Go rock it mini-van style!! :)
Welcome to the club!
Post a Comment