Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Salted Caramel and Honey Lavender

Lydia, Micah, and I went yesterday to an ice cream place called "Molly Moons." We met MaeMae, Demmy, Demmy's family, and the kids MaeMae nannies for (Natalie, Andrew, and William.) Yes, we took over the entire place. I guess you could say "Molly Moons" specializes in odd flavors. Among your choices are the classics: Strawberry, Vanilla, and Chocolate. Lydia thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry flavor.Then there are the more odd choices: "Strawberry Balsamic", "Cardamom", and "Salted Caramel." The most exciting thing for me however, was that Molly Moons has a lavender flavor. Lavender in ice cream you say?!?! Yes!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, lavender in my food - especially when it's in dark chocolate. There was no chocolate in this ice cream and I didn't miss it at all! The honey lavender ice cream was amazing! I especially loved the bits of lavender in the ice cream. What totally made my day however, was when I mixed a scoop of salted caramel with the honey lavender! Oh yum - talk about a little piece of heaven! It totally reminded me of this homemade lavender infused caramel sauce that I used to get from this little chocolatier in Provence when we lived overseas. So, while I knew I didn't really need 2 scoops of ice cream, I chose to indulge and was very happy that I did. :)

1 comment:

christina-defining moments said...

Woo Hoo! This is a great way to keep up! I am glad you started blogging. Talk to you again soon.

Christina