Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 4 - Ft. Lewis or BUST! (St. Louis, MO)

What do you do when you go to St. Louis?!?!  You go see (and go up!) the St. Louis Arch, or Gateway Arch, or the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial...  whatever you want to call it!!!  :)  Actually there is SOOOOO much to do in St. Louis we could have stayed for DAYS!  Unfortunately, we couldn't stay for days, so we had to choose and we chose the the Arch.

We woke up expecting rain but were pleasantly surprised with low clouds and some fog.  (Not that rain would bother us..)  :)  It was chilly but nothing that would deter us Pacific Northwesterners from seeing the sights!  :)  So we set off in our minivan to drive downtown St. Louis and see what all we could see!


I'm not sure what I expected but I was pretty blown away by the massiveness of this structure!

I thought this was a pretty cool picture.  :)

We made it to St. Louis!

I'm not sure what I expected either as far as what would get us to the top of the Arch...  BUT, I don't think I was expecting this little "Get Smart" sort of door to our "tram" AKA "capsule!"

Inside our capsule



Micah was NOT really a fan of being at the top of the Arch!  HA!

Lydia did NOT care for the capsule right up but she sure loved being at the top!

Not too shabby of a view for a cloudy day!  Go Cards!


Us at the top of the Arch!

I'm pretty proud of this shot too!  My iPhone doesn't do too badly of a job!

No comments: