It's a bit weird for this PNW gal to be picking strawberries in APRIL!!! Growing up we picked berries in late June and mostly July. I picked berries with my Poppop. Strawberries were his favorite and to this day I think about him whever I am enjoying strawberries.
It was a totally GORGEOUS morning this morning - only in the low 70's and no humidity!!! The kiddos had a blast running through the strawberry fields, picking "only the red, and NOT mushy berries," and of course eating just about as many berries as they could get their hands on. We came away with 15lbs - yes FIFTEEN POUNDS of berries (I have some good little pickers!) Needless to say, strawberry shortcakes and strawberry preserves are now on my list of "things to do" this weekend.
The best part of today however, was creating a memory, with my kiddos, that reminds me and enables me to tell them about their "Great-Poppop." I couldn't help but think as we picked, and the kiddos became COVERED in berry juice, that Poppop was smiling down on us." :)
 |
| MJ picking "only the red ones" |
 |
| Lydia's bucket |
 |
| What Lydia had picked so far... |
 |
| Strong MJ man! |
 |
| Noah checking out the buckets of berries |
 |
| Running through the fields |
 |
| YUM! |
 |
| Once MJ started eating... |
 |
| ... there was NO stopping him! |
 |
| Noah just walked and ate! |
 |
| Lydia and Michael |
 |
| 3 kiddos with their berry stash! |
1 comment:
Cute!! What a fun way to end your Spring Break! 15# is crazy!!! Busy indeed :)
Post a Comment