Wednesday, March 23, 2011

30

I turned 30 yesterday!  The day was full of fun & surprises.  It started with adorable handmade cards from the kiddos on the table in the morning.  Then John showed up at PWOC with balloons and 30 (yes, THIRTY) red and white roses.  So I told him that he has now set a precedent & that I expect 40 roses in 10 years...  HA!  :)  After PWOC I went out to lunch with our BN commander's wife & another wife from the 2P coffee group.  John also {surprise surprise!} took the day off!  So, the house was clean from top to bottom, laundry was done, and I could just sit back and relax while he wrangled the boys.  There was a bottle of gin in the freezer when I got home from lunch & so I had a gin & tonic with a twist of lime in the afternoon.  At 6pm our lovely sitter showed up & we took off to the Huske Hardware House (local pub & microbrewery) for a SURPRISE party/dinner.

Getting ready to leave for dinner

One of the first things out of my mouth when I saw all our friends yelling "surprise" was "Oh good!  Friends I can drink beer with!"  HA!  Gotta love this army chaplain wife life!  HA!
(One of John's presents was "30 Favorite Memories of Us" & that's what I'm looking at in this picture)

Surprise!  Good friends all around!

Chris & Denise

Erin & Evan and Keria!

Just sitting down to dinner

Jessica, Erin & Evan

Great neighbors - Scot & Paula!

1 comment:

Elliotness said...

Happy happy birthday Bree!
I must say, 30 is absolutely the best...and you are so blessed. What a beautiful family you have.
Much love,

Nina