The whole "Advent Conspiracy" movement has been my inspiration for this "Presents and Presence" series. You can learn more about Advent Conspiracy here. Here is one of their promo videos:
As a wife, momma of 3 kiddos, and more importantly follower of Christ, the Advent and Christmas seasons cause me to feel a mix of emotions. There are feelings of exhilaration and joy. But there is also stress, and a desire to have life just slow down for one minute, so I can really enjoy and celebrate with my family and friends. Like everyone else, I want to make Christmas meaningful, memorable, and personal.
I know that the exhilaration and joy of the Christmas season come partially from the fact that I’m a gift-giver. “Gifts” are my main “love language.” Nothing makes me happier than seeing a person absolutely love a gift that I have just given them. And really, there is nothing wrong with the act of giving a gift. God gave us the ultimate gift when He gave us His Son! We are just trying, this season, to be more intentional about our gift giving. We are trying to give gifts that are relational or that reflect Christ's ultimate gift of life!
Check in with me tomorrow for a list of relational/life giving gift ideas & a few links to sites that are devoted thinking about giving relationally!
No comments:
Post a Comment