Today I'm thankful for "Wives' Coffees." If you're an Army wife, you know what I'm talking about. If you're not, you can read about what "Wives' Coffees" entail here. Or, if you just want to sort of peek into our lives as Army wives (and no, I'm NOT talking about that TV series) you can read a little bit sarcastic, but mostly true article here. Or, just surf your way onto Girl With a Notbook and read some really good stuff - some about this crazy army life we live & some not, but all written by a real live army wife. :)
So, Wives' Coffees... a bunch of women, coffee, appetizers, desserts, usually some kind of theme going on, unit news/info, girl talk... sounds fun right?!?! Well, I think so! And I really hope that if you're an Army wife, or excuse me, "spouse," you enjoy your coffees as much as I do.
Tonight I attended the November coffee for our battalion. The last few coffees have been held in peoples' homes & we've done the dinner thing, so this time around we decided to switch it up a bit. We held the November coffee at this cute shop (yes there is such a thing!) in downtown Fayetteville called "Strung Out on Beads." Cute huh? We celebrated the November birthdays, talked about some short battalion business/info, and a bunch of us made very cute beaded bracelets with dog tags as the centerpiece (center bead?).
Anyway, I always have a great time at the coffees & I think a great deal of that has to do with the fact that we have a great bunch of ladies in our battalion. So today, I'm thankful for Wives' Coffees & for all the girly cuteness & fun that comes with them! It's a nice break from this momma's day to day diaper changing, lunch packing, errand running routine.
2 comments:
I am thankful for our changing weather. Yesterday was gray, cold and wet. Today the skies are clear and it will be cool and sunny.
Weather has some degree of control on my life - it dictates what I'm going to wear and the days activities - whether I'll work inside or outside.
It also is one of the most common topic of conversations - something that everyone shares and everyone has a comment on but also something that none of us can do anything about to change.
If we had sun every day, we would take it for granted but because the PNW doesn't see the sun everyday, we go a bit "crazy" when we have a sunny day - irregardless of the temperature.
The sun energizes me and lifts my spirits. I may even pull a few weeds in my flower beds this afternoon.
I'm so glad you have this support system wherever your family goes, Bree! I know they love having your gourmet-cooking-self in the group! =)
Post a Comment