Today I am grateful for my kids. Recently God has brought to my attention how much of a blessing my 3 children are. Don't get me wrong, I have always been grateful for our children! However, I believe there are times when I've taken the fact that we have 3 healthy children for granted. So today,
Project Thankful is helping me to remember that I need to always be grateful for our 3 monkeys & not take them for granted!

Lydia is 5, Micah is 2, and Noah is 8 months old. When I tell people that they often look at me with wide eyes and say something like, "Wow! You're a busy lady!" Yes, I am busy. Yes I am tired. (Often VERY tired because Noah has YET to sleep through the night!) Yes I change a lot of diapers, wipe a lot of noses, and attempt to keep up with their school, laundry, and the latest "who snatched what toy from whom" dramas. All that said, there are often days when I need to remember to look at all the chaos that is 'motherhood' as a blessing rather than a burden. I may not get a shower when I want, or get to drink coffee while it's hot, or just sit for awhile when I'm tired (in fact I am standing as I type this post!) But what I do get to do is share life with 3 beautiful children who have taught me more about faith & Jesus than I ever bargained for! And for that I am also thankful!

When God blesses us with children He doesn't promise how long we will get to share life with them. Recently I have been struck with the fact that some mommas put their babies to bed only to have those babies never wake up. Some mommas don't get to even meet their babies this side of heaven! Those facts help to put my life into perspective... This song is for those mommas...

He doesn't promise us that parenthood will be easy. What He does promise however is that He will always be with us and that He will give us strength and wisdom for this journey called "Parenthood..." (We just have to ask and be willing to listen!) I am so grateful that I have been blessed with 3 healthy, beautiful, and wonderful children. With God's help (and John's too!), :) I am going to do my best to raise these 3 kiddos so they will grow up to be people who love God, desire to walk in His ways, and love His people.
ALL of His people!
2 comments:
From a momma-in-training-nanny, I agree motherhood is a blessing. It is also a blessing that you are able to be home with them at this time! I never thought I would enjoy it, but after 'being home' with the kids I nanny for it is my goal for my own future kids. The time goes by so quickly, (I'm sure during the sleepless nights it doesn't seem so) but I can't believe I just passed my 7th year watching Nati-poo. It seems like yesterday I was just learning how to do the diaper-bottle-nap-drooling-yurp-etc. Now she's in 2nd grade learning how to spell words like: science! :-)
Day 4 - I am thankful for the gift of time. I am convicted that I do waste too much in the name of 'rest' - TV and FreeCell are my biggest time wasters. I am thankful that I can set priorities and I need to be able to feel good about what I do rather than beating myself up for things I did not get done. I also need to protect the God given time by not getting overcommitted. I need to learn not to measure my worth as a child of God by what I can accomplish. I know that I am on the downhill side of my earthly life and each moment I have is precious. I also treasure the time and memories of the past 65 years.
Post a Comment