Saturday, November 13, 2010

Project Thankful - Day 12 (sorry it's late!)

So my day 12 thankful post is a day late. Sorry! My family and I were at the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, NC. John and I had the opportunity to teach a "Strong Bonds Marriage and Family Retreat" for the soldiers and family members of John's battalion. So for day 12, I am thankful that John has been called to the Army chaplaincy and that I am able to serve alongside him.

I am grateful that we get to share our lives with the soldiers and families of John's battalion. I am grateful that we get to share their joys, struggles, and trials. And while John does the majority of the interacting and counseling, it is a privilege for me, during "Strong Bonds" weekends and other unit functions, to hang out, laugh, and share life with them. It is my hope that in our hanging out and sharing of life, that we are able to communicate the love of Christ to them through our words and actions.

1 comment:

Grandma Ruth said...

I am thankful that we have a relationship with one of Mack's aunts that we had not kept contact with until after her husband died 4 years ago. We are able to take her out to eat. I know it is very meaningful to her and she is of great support to me.