Today is going to be short & sweet because I am at the Great Wolf Lodge with my family. John & I taught at a family retreat this afternoon for about 25 families from John's battalion. I am grateful for this time at Great Wolf Lodge. This place is AWESOME! But today I am more grateful for a little old drug store called "Walgreens." You might have heard of it... :)
So this is why I am thankful for Walgreens. Lydia is on an anti-seizure medication called Keppra. She has been on Keppra for a year, takes Keppra twice daily, and really can't miss a dose. Since being on Keppra she has been seizure free and I'd really like to keep it that way if at all possible. :) Well, in our rush to get out of the house this morning we left her Keppra at home. NOT good!!! Especially since not having it with us meant she would be missing 2+ doses.
After a mild panic attack (on my part), I remembered that Lydia still had an active prescription in the Walgreens system from our pediatric neurologist in Oregon. So, I got my wits together & called Walgreens. They quickly & easily looked up Lydia in their system and filled her prescription. When we were done teaching at the retreat we went and picked it up. So, I am thankful for Walgreens. Having Lydia's Keppra puts this momma's heart at ease. Now I gotta get off this little hotel couch & go give her that prescription I was so panicked about!
1 comment:
I am thankful today for our resources We are so blessed - our reward for 40 years of hard work. Now we are able to maintain our lifestyle and are able to travel across the country to spend some time with our son, his wife and three wonderful grandchildren.
Post a Comment