Monday, November 1, 2010

Project Thankful - Day 1


(Picture taken today of a tree at the end of our street)


Fall. For those of you that have known me for any amount of time you've probably heard that "fall" is my favorite season. I love the weather, the decorations, the food, the pumpkin lattes, the clothes, the sports... I. LOVE. FALL!

6 months ago my family and I moved to North Carolina. In case you've never been here, it's HOT in North Carolina. Well, I guess it's hot by this native Pacific Northwesterner's standard. It is hot all summer long and even into what I would consider, "Fall." Ever since we moved I have done nothing but complain about the weather in North Carolina. So, I'm not sure if it is God who is trying to redeem "North Carolina," in my mind, by reminding me daily that this really is another part of His wonderful creation. Or rather, God sanctifying & redeeming me & my stinky attitude just about life in general?!?! Hmmm... Probably both. J

What I do know for sure, is that He is helping me to see the beauty in things that I had to dig a little deeper & wait a little longer, to see & find. That's hard but oh so good once I get there. So today, day number 1 of this "Project Thankful," I am thankful for fall and the fact that my family and I are experiencing it in North Carolina... right where God wants us.

1 comment:

Grandma Ruth said...

Day 1 - I am thankful for family. I have 3 wonderful sons who are employed and supporting their families; their 3 wives, 5 handsome grandsons and 3 beautiful granddaughters. I have 1 sister, 2sisters-in-law; 2 brothers-in-law; 34 nieces and nephews and their many children, spouses and grandchildren. There were 170 all descendents of my Dad - at a reunion in June.