Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Fall has finally arrived here in North Carolina! We woke up this morning to wonderful crisp, cool air and the promise of a warm sunny afternoon. So, I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and I drove the kiddos up to a local pumpkin patch (and come to find out, also a tobacco farm... hmmm...) :) The kids had a blast & we thoroughly enjoyed being outside in picture perfect weather!

Walking to find the "perfect" pumpkin


1 out of the 3 looking at the camera... I'll take it! :)


Micah was very concerned about No-yah eating the "sticks" (dried up vines)

Noah's 1st trip to a pumpkin patch!

The "Pumpkin Jump"
I'm going to preface these next few pictures with the comment:
"I love being able to set our camera to "continuous" shooting mode"
(You'll see why in a second...)

And let the fun begin...
"Ooop-eeees" (AKA "Oopsies") as Micah would say


Playing around in the playground area


What's a trip to the pumpkin patch without a hayride?!?!


Finishing up our trip with homemade vanilla & pumpkin ice cream.


I'm so glad I was able to take the kids to the pumpkin patch this weekend. Lydia was commenting the other day that she was sad she was going to miss the trip to the pumpkin patch (Remlinger Farms) with her little friends Natalie, Andrew, and William (Aunt Mae-Mae's charges.) Hopefully this trip helped to remedy that a little. If not, my neighbors told me about another MUCH less expensive pumpkin patch & farm tour that is geared more towards little kids. So, if the weather is nice again next weekend we might just be heading up to "West Produce" in Spring Lake, NC for some more hayrides, farm animals, pumpkins, and fall fun!

1 comment:

team shafer said...

Awesome photos! I love the orange all over!!! (National Color of the Netherlands) I especially like the ice cream to wrap up a wonderful day! Much love from Marc 4 Team Shafer!