Thursday, September 24, 2009

UP ROTC 5K

Last Saturday we did the first (I think it will be annual) University of Portland ROTC 5k. The weather treated us to perfect early fall rain, mist, and drizzle. I pushed (Princess) Lydia in the jogging stroller because she "didn't want to get wet" and John carried Micah on his shoulders. I'm not quite sure how the 4 month preggo Momma got stuck pushing the bigger of the 2 kiddos?!?! But then again John did carry Micah ALL 5k on his shoulders (we should have brought the backpack.) Micah was all too thrilled to be up high where he could see & could have cared less about the rain. The 2 pictures are of John and Lydia "getting ready" for the race.

Since we decided to do this race as a family we walked (with a few jogging spurts - but it feels weird to jog/run with a preggo belly!) We finished the race in 43 minutes & the preggo Momma even beat Mr. Triathlete John McDougall. :) John will claim that Micah "lost a shoe" in the last 50 meters and that he had to stop to pick it up... All I know is that the preggo Momma pushing the bigger of the 2 kiddos in the jogging stroller came across the finish first AND I took 3rd in my age group! How hilarious is that?!?!

No comments: