Long ago I had decided that Micah would be my "baseball son." I'm sure somewhere in there, there is good material for therapy right Opa? :) Anywayzzzz... since Micah is my "baseball son" his birth announcement was a baseball card and so of course his 1st birthday party has a baseball theme. However, when it comes to birthday parties (espcieally the big 1st birthday parties) I inherited (from my father) a complex that requires everything to be "perfect" at the party. The table cloths are always taped (yes even the paper ones), crepe paper is twisted just so, and the balloons are tied and leveled aesethically. While it's a "complex" I wouldn't necessarily consider it a bad one - it just means that I will do everything myself and that I expect perfection. Oh and there will be about a-gazillion pictures taken before, during, and after the party.
And so, because I have this complex and I love to do things in the kitchen I have added one more thing to what could be "1st birthday party perfection." Homemade cake! Not just any homemade cake, but cakes. Yes, I said cakes. One for Micah to dig into and one for us normal folks to eat. And I'm not talking a yellow 13x9 with chocolate out of the tub frosting. I'm talking (yes box cake mix - why mess with a good thing) but I'm talking real buttercream frosting... afterall, what's not to like? Butter, sugar, vanilla, whip it together... So, Micah's cake will be a baseball. I have yet to decide what "our" cake will be... maybe a baseball jersey, maybe a baseball diamond... thanks to the internet the possibilities are endless! And thanks to my complex it will be "perfect." :) Thanks Dad! I'm having a ball with this project. Ha! No pun intended!
4 comments:
Where's the Yankee logo on that cake Breezy?
I join you in the "complex"! It is amazing at the things we can strive for, and the creativeness that comes with this perfectionism. :)
It looks so awesome, Bree! Funny, I've been trying my hand at cake decorating lately too...:) I miss you!
You are awesome!!!
Post a Comment