Friday, April 10, 2009

Do we have green or brown thumbs?




I have decided that this will be the summer I see how green my thumb is. :) I have been begging John for the last 3 years to put in a raised bed so I could try veggie gardening. Well, we finally compromised, I bought a share from a local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), and I researched what veggies could be grown in large pots. So we have started our "garden oasis" (thanks MaeMae we're "borrowing" the term!) And so far we've got 2 hanging baskets of strawberries and these are pictures of Lydia helping me plant our sugar snap peas. Tomatoes will come later this spring (like around Mother's Day) when there is no more threat of frost. We've also got herbs going in different pots. Most of them are on my kitchen windowsill because it still gets too cool at night for most herbs to be outside. We've got about another week or so before the snap peas should start coming up and only 2 weeks until I get my 1st share of produce and eggs from the CSA I joined. Who would have thought that the girl who wouldn't eat green veggies or salad until she was 21 is so excited about veggies and gardening! :)

No comments: