Sunday, December 7, 2008

Molto Buono

Friday I made a bunch of biscotti for a Saturday "test run" at Mugs Coffee Shop in Vancouver, WA. I made:
  • "Biscotti Natale" (Christmas Biscotti) - Chocolate and peppermint biscotti dipped in white chocolate then rolled in crushed candy canes.
  • "Biscotti Amalfi" - A traditional almond biscotti made with limoncello, lemon zest, and dipped in white chocolate.
  • "Breescotti" (my personal favorite) - A traditional almond biscotti filled with dried cranberries and dipped in white chocolate.
While I was at Mugs, one of our Fircrest (my school) families showed up. However, this was not just any family, this was the family who is from Milano, Italia! Long story short, they tasted my biscotti and told me that it was "better than the real thing." They even asked for the recipe! They told me what made mine better was that it was not so hard like the traditional "cantucci" biscotti that Italians dip in sweet wine or coffee. (I underbake mine a bit so they are not "break your tooth off" hard.) So... needless to say, due to the "molto buono" (very good) compliment, I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day.

I've got a few other types of biscotti in the works - let me know what you think and email me with ideas!
  • "Biscotti Provence" - A lavender infused dark chocolate biscotti dipped in white chocolate
  • "Biscotti Toscana" - A typical Tuscan treat - almond biscotti dipped in semisweet chocolate

1 comment:

Grandma Ruth said...

Congratulations! What a compliment! You are amazing!