Saturday, September 6, 2008

Micah Milestones - Solids

About 2 weeks ago we decided to start Micah on solids. Our pediatrician said that we could start him around 5 months. When he said that, it felt years away - now here we are already! Anyway, I've gotten the "make your own baby food" bug and now have a freezer stocked with little ice cube size pears, bananas, sweet potatoes and today we'll add some avocado to the mix! I refer to a lady named Annabel Karamel a lot - who would have thought there would be entire cookbooks out their devoted to baby food and purees! There are and I've decided I like hers. :) Micah seems to be thoroughly enjoying the new world of tastes as well. He LOVES pears, will tolerate bananas, and pounds down the sweet potato/pear mix. Micah actually "chews" and swallows what we put in his mouth. He also grabs for anything we're eating or drinking - a sure sign he's excited about this adventure into the world of solid food. :)

4 comments:

Robin said...

What a cutie! He's looking so much like a baby and less of an infant! He sure looks happy in that picture!

team shafer said...

Micah is sooo cute and looks like he is really enjoying his food...what a great smile!!:) Please let me know what this cookbook name is....i really want to get on board with making Isaac's food when the time comes!

Elliotness said...

thanks for the comment Bree!
Yes, I am SO thrilled to be full time mommy! You look you got this gig down! I should start coming to you for advice!
I DIED when I saw your last blog...a few bloggs ago, with Lydia in your red shoes...what a HOOT! Totally cracked me up! Who taught these girls to be so...totally 100% girl. It will be fun for you and John to see how different Micha is compaired to Lydia...beautiful adorable and amazing children...and seriously, incredible latte on the top of your blog! Oh, I miss seattle when I see that!
Nina

Wade said...

That is really cool I told Chrissy we should make our own with the new one :)