Monday, August 18, 2008

NJ and West Point, NY


Tomorrow we leave NJ to fly back to Washington state. "Real life" will begin when that happens so our trip to NJ and NY was a very welcomed last hurrah for this summer. While it was a very busy trip with lots of family visits, a drive to West Point, NY to see "Daddy at the Army", Great-Granny's 85th birthday party, Great-Grandmom's 80th birthday party, a trip to the shore, L&M creme donuts, and many a late night watching Olympics and laughing hysterically, we all had a great time.


Great-Grandmom Treusch's 80th Birthday Party

Hanging out with Great-Granny Dallmann at the Masonic Home

One of my most favorite days this trip was when we all went "down the Jersey Shore." Both Lydia and Micah got to dip their toes in the Atlantic Ocean for the first time. While we were playing on the beach, burying each other and making sand castles Lydia had the unfortunate experience of tasting a mouthful of ocean water. Then everyone around us had the unfortunate experience of seeing Lydia lose her lunch all over the shore. Luckily we were close enough that a big ocean wave came and washed the "remains" out to sea! :)


JBLM at the Jersery Shore



Lydia and Micah's 1st time in the Atlantic Ocean!


Our trip to West Point was great. We had perfect weather - not too hot and not humid at all. Before we left, I had visions of walking all over West Point with Lydia sweaty and whining, and Micah screaming because he would be hot and sweaty in the stroller. Thank goodness that was not the case. We had beautiful sunny days and fun with family and our old friends the Ridgeways.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Okay, first, you are gorgeous. Second, you have the most beautiful kids- I can hardly wait to show Mark the picture of Lydia saluting in her army outfit! =) I'm so glad you guys had a good trip- I SO cherished our time together last week and we must plan a weekend trip in Vancouver this fall sometime!

Robin said...

Thanks! I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon, I think that cancels out the wine thing. =) First week was fabulous- I love my class. How has yours been? Have you transitioned after so much time at home?