So, we were in the car today, driving home from a rainy day of swim lessons, and Lydia started asking her incessent "why" questions. This girl asks "why?" ALL THE TIME!!! This time the "whys" were started because of the Spiderman Fruit Snacks she was enjoying. (Mommy, why is there a purple fruit snack? Mommy, why does purple taste like grape? Mommy, why do I not have a green spiderman fruit snack? Mommy, why do I have spiderman fruit snacks? Why? Why? Why?) After attempting to answer all those preceding whys, here is how our conversation continued:
Lydia: "Mommy, why do spiders stick to their webs?"
Bree: (read with exahustion in voice) "Because Lydia, that's the way God made them."
Lydia: "Why?"
Bree: "I don't know, ask God."
Lydia: (Quiet thoughtful pause for about 30 seconds...) "God, why did you make spiders to stick to their webs?" (Another quiet but thoughtful pause...)
Bree: "Lydia, what did God say?"
Lydia: "God said, because that's the way I wanted to make them."
If only I remembered to talk to God with simple, seemingly trivial questions, and with such ease... Life might not seem so complicated. :)
3 comments:
Way too precious!..."God, why did you bless me with such a wonderful family?"..."Because I wanted to!" :) - John
What a good reminder! Way too cute!!
I just love that about kids!
Post a Comment