
Lydia started her swim lessons this week. Her first "real" swim lessons. She's taking them with "MaeMae's Kiddos" (Natalie and Andrew). It's funny taking Lydia to the same pool where I took several summers worth of lessons. Dejavu all over again!

I was happily surprised at how brave Lydia has been during lessons. I think that's because I quickly drop her in the pool (her lessons are in the "kiddie pool") and then I quickly get "out of sight, out of mind." Up until this week Lydia has had the habit of REALLY freaking out when going under water. (Ask Uncle Coco!)

However, during these lessons I have watched her goof around, stop being so careful, trip while racing for a toy, and go under water. She usually comes up coughing, sputtering - EYES WIDE!!! But without screams and panic! I'm sure it will be a whole other story however when I'm in the pool with her... then again, she's only 3! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment